Legal translators/interpreters


This page provides guidance on how to find a legal interpreter or an authorised translator in Finland.

Content provided by:

The National Board of Education keeps a registry of legal interpreters into which are entered the legal interpreters approved by the board of the registry of legal interpreters. The public registry only contains information on interpreters who have consented to the publication of their data.

The examination board of authorised translators keeps a registry of authorised translators.

What information is available from Finnish databases of interpreters and translators?

The registry of legal interpreters provides the interpreter’s name, language pair and geographical area of activity. The public registry of legal interpreters only contains information on interpreters who have consented to the publication of their data on the internet

The registry of authorised translators provides the translator's name, municipality of residence and the languages he or she may translate from and into as an authorised translator.

Is access to Finnish databases of interpreters and translators free of charge?

Yes, access to both the registry of legal interpreters and the registry of authorised translators is free of charge.

How to search for legal interpreters and authorised translators in Finland?

You can search for interpreters and translators in the registries by using the following search criteria:

  • language pair
  • name of translator or interpreter

You can also search by province in the registry of legal interpreters.


Registry of legal interpreters:

Registry of authorised translators:

Last update: 08/12/2021

The national language version of this page is maintained by the respective Member State. The translations have been done by the European Commission service. Possible changes introduced in the original by the competent national authority may not be yet reflected in the translations. The European Commission accepts no responsibility or liability whatsoever with regard to any information or data contained or referred to in this document. Please refer to the legal notice to see copyright rules for the Member State responsible for this page.