In the field of civil justice, pending procedures and proceedings initiated before the end of the transition period will continue under EU law. The e-Justice Portal, on the basis of a mutual agreement with the UK, will maintain the relevant information related to the United Kingdom until the end of 2024.


England and Wales

This section helps you to find a mediator in England and Wales.

Content provided by:
England and Wales

How to find a mediator in England and Wales

National mediation directory

You can find a civil mediator through the Civil Mediation online directory - Find a Civil Mediator, which provides information about:

  • Mediation
  • Services
  • Pricing

The Civil Mediation Online Directory is owned and maintained by the Ministry of Justice.  The mediation providers included in the directory are accredited by the Civil Mediation Council.

Family mediation directory

The aim of the Family Mediation Online Directory is to help parties to contact mediators local to them. Parties who are eligible for legal aid (public funding) can also contact the Community Legal Advice helpline for further information on locating a local mediator on Telephone: 0845 345 4345 Minicom: 0845 609 6677, Text: 'legalaid' and your name to 80010.  Advice can also be obtained via the Community Legal Advice online advisor service.

Is access to the mediators' database free of charge?

Yes, access to the Civil Mediation Online Directory, the Family Mediator Online Directory and the Community Legal Advice website is free of charge.

Related Links

Civil Mediation Online Directory, Family Mediator Online Directory, Check if you can get legal aidCommunity Legal Advice,

Last update: 20/04/2015

The national language version of this page is maintained by the respective Member State. The translations have been done by the European Commission service. Possible changes introduced in the original by the competent national authority may not be yet reflected in the translations. The European Commission accepts no responsibility or liability whatsoever with regard to any information or data contained or referred to in this document. Please refer to the legal notice to see copyright rules for the Member State responsible for this page.