Content provided by:

How to find a mediator in Poland

Lists of institutions and persons authorised to conduct mediation proceedings (‘lists of permanent mediators’) are kept by the presidents of regional courts and can be found on the courts’ websites. Mediators are added and removed from the list by the president of the relevant regional court.

As a rule, mediators specialise in specific types of mediation: civil mediation (commercial mediation, family mediation, employment law, etc.), mediation in criminal matters, in cases involving minors, etc.

Due to the legal arrangements in place, there is no single centrally kept register of mediators. The Ministry of Justice is currently carrying out a project ‘Promoting alternative dispute resolution methods by improving the skills of mediators, establishing a National Register of Mediators, and conducting information activities’. One of the aims of this project is to create a National Register of Mediators – a universally available database of mediators operating in Poland.

Basic information on rules, procedures and practical aspects of the mediation arrangements in Poland can be found on the Mediation page of the website of the Ministry of Justice, as well as on the website of the above-mentioned project.

Is access to the lists of mediators free of charge?

Yes, access to the lists of mediators is free of charge.

How to find a mediator in Poland

You should use the lists of permanent mediators drawn up by regional court presidents, or use the services of mediation centres or individual mediators. Information and contact details can usually be found on the website of the competent courts, centres or mediators.

Last update: 16/05/2024

The national language version of this page is maintained by the respective Member State. The translations have been done by the European Commission service. Possible changes introduced in the original by the competent national authority may not be yet reflected in the translations. The European Commission accepts no responsibility or liability whatsoever with regard to any information or data contained or referred to in this document. Please refer to the legal notice to see copyright rules for the Member State responsible for this page.