Crime Prevention Council
The Crime Prevention Council is a council of representatives of organisations involved in crime prevention activities, focused in particular on prevention of domestic violence and sexual crime.
The Crime Prevention Council
- is a council consisting of representative of about 50 different authorities, associations and private and public organisations specialised in settlement of conflicts
- is involved in crime prevention activities, focused in particular on prevention of domestic violence and sexual crime
Victim Counselling Service
The Victim Counselling Service in Denmark provides material, medical, psychological and social assistance through governmental, voluntary and community-based bodies.
The Victim Counselling Service
- offers support to victims of burglary, mugging, robbery, threats, violence, rape and many other crimes
- provides access to the mechanisms of justice and to fair treatment
- facilitates the claiming of compensation from the offender and from the State
- provides material, medical, psychological and social assistance through governmental, voluntary and community-based bodies
For contact details of the local offices of the Victim Counselling Service click here.
Victim Aid Denmark
Victim Aid Denmark is a national association providing psychological help, legal assistance or help in relation to insurance or damages to victims of violence.
Victim Aid Denmark
- is a national association providing psychological help, legal assistance and help in relation to insurance or damages to victims of violence
- helps and guides victims of violence, rape, robbery and incest
- monitors legislation in the above-mentioned areas and seeks to improve conditions for victims by influencing politicians and ministries
- is involved in preventative work by means of talks, campaigns, advocacy and exhibitions.
Centre for Victims of Rape
The Centre for Victims of Rape provides medical and psychological assistance to rape victims via eight centres in the country.
The Centre for Victims of Rape
- has eight regional points in Denmark
- offers care and support to victims of rape and their dependants provided by specially trained personnel
National Association of Crisis Centres for Women
LOKK is a coordinating organisation for the crisis centres which provide shelter to women who have been subject to domestic violence.
The National Association of Crisis Centres for Women
- is the coordinating organisation with the main purpose to highlight and strengthen the individual crisis centres working to prevent and combat physical and psychological violence against women and their children
- disseminates knowledge, information and experience in this area to the centres
- establishes centres working in relevant areas
- strengthens the cooperation between shelters and works with shelters in other Nordic and European countries
- negotiates with public authorities on shelters' terms
Reden International provides access to the healthcare system, legal assistance, social benefits, preparation of repatriation and accommodation in crisis centres of prostituting victims of human trafficking in Denmark.
- is an organisation providing practical support for foreign women forced to prostitute in Denmark
- has a national crisis centre, which conducts outreaching social work
- provides access to the healthcare system, although such women usually do not have legal residence
- provides legal assistance and representation at questionings and trials
- facilitates communication with the Danish social system
- provides assistance before repatriation (contact with local NGOs and support in the native country)
- offers accommodation in a crisis centre – safe stay with guidance, care and activities
- provides guidance and care – at all levels in the process based on the individual woman’s situation
Danner is a private foundation, which assists victims of domestic violence by providing shelter and/or counselling.
- is a crisis centre and shelter for women victims of domestic violence
- is run by 25 employees and approximately 200 volunteers
- is the oldest and the largest crisis centre and shelter for women and children subjected to domestic violence in Denmark
- is nationally and internationally engaged on the topics of women’s rights and social politics on the basis of its expertise and experience on the subject of domestic violence
The national language version of this page is maintained by the respective Member State. The translations have been done by the European Commission service. Possible changes introduced in the original by the competent national authority may not be yet reflected in the translations. The European Commission accepts no responsibility or liability whatsoever with regard to any information or data contained or referred to in this document. Please refer to the legal notice to see copyright rules for the Member State responsible for this page.