Victims' rights - by country


Content provided by:

I am a victim of crime who do I contact for support and assistance?

You should contact any criminal police authority, the Public Prosecution Service or a victim support organisation.

Victim support hotline

116 006 – Victim Support Hotline (9 a.m. to 9 p.m.)

112National Emergency Number

144 – Social Emergency Hotline

808 24 24 24 – SNS 24 (NHS Hotline available 24 hours a day)

144 – National Social Emergency Hotline (available 24 hours a day)

300 502 502 – Social Security helpline

Domestic violence:

800 202 148 (available 24 hours a day)

3060 – SMS helpline


116 111 – SOS Child helpline

Is victim support free?

Yes. Victims are entitled to free and confidential support services before, during and after criminal proceedings.

What types of support can I receive from state services or authorities?

Medical support, psychological and social support, protection, legal information, emergency housing, shelter.

What types of support can I receive from non-governmental organisations?

Emotional support, psychological support, legal information, social referral, and assistance with practical matters.

Last update: 07/04/2024

The national language version of this page is maintained by the respective Member State. The translations have been done by the European Commission service. Possible changes introduced in the original by the competent national authority may not be yet reflected in the translations. The European Commission accepts no responsibility or liability whatsoever with regard to any information or data contained or referred to in this document. Please refer to the legal notice to see copyright rules for the Member State responsible for this page.