Victim Support Netherlands
Victim Support Netherlands offers practical, emotional and legal support to victims of crime, disasters and traffic accidents as well as some legal assistance for victims joining the criminal procedure as civil claimants.
Victim Support Netherlands
- offers victim support, primarily of a non-legal nature, and some legal assistance for victims joining the criminal procedure as civil claimants
- provides assistance in claim settlements and legal procedures
- helps victims of various crimes including car accidents, confrontation with violence (abuse, threats), robbery, sexual violence, domestic violence, etc.
- has 75 regional offices (bureaus) throughout the Netherlands
For contact details of the regional offices (bureaus) of Victim Support Netherlands click here.
CoMensha Foundation has regional and local networks for reception and assistance of victims of human trafficking providing information and various forms of support. It functions as the central coordinator for registration of and support to victims of human trafficking.
- has regional and local networks for reception and assistance of victims of human trafficking corresponding to the respective police areas
- provides information and advice to victims
- offers help with the finding of safe place or shelter
- provides assistance for obtaining social support
Support Points Domestic Violence
At these support points victims, perpetrators and others involved in domestic violence can acquire professional advice about steps to be taken to stop the violence. They are front offices for all organisations working together to stop domestic violence.
At these support points victims, perpetrators and others involved in domestic violence can acquire professional advice about steps to be taken to stop the violence. They are front offices for all organisations working together to stop domestic violence
Byway Foundation consists of ´experts by experience´ who voluntarily assist women and children who are victims of domestic violence or stalking by ex-partners. It focuses on female victims.
Byway Foundation has the following aims
- to informing female victims and others involved
- to reduce or take away the taboo around domestic violence
- to influence policies, regulations and legislation so that the interests and needs of female victims and their children are better represented and served
- prevention by education for girls, women and their social environment about the signals of partner-violence and stalking
Legal Assistance Counter
The staff of the Legal Assistance Counters helps everybody who addresses them with a legal question.
The staff of the Legal Assistance Counters helps everybody who addresses them with a legal question. Often you get a direct answer. When this is not possible because of the complexity of the matter they will refer you to as specialist organisation.
For contact details of the regional offices of Legal Assistance Counter click here.
The national language version of this page is maintained by the respective Member State. The translations have been done by the European Commission service. Possible changes introduced in the original by the competent national authority may not be yet reflected in the translations. The European Commission accepts no responsibility or liability whatsoever with regard to any information or data contained or referred to in this document. Please refer to the legal notice to see copyright rules for the Member State responsible for this page.