Az átmeneti időszak vége előtt indított, folyamatban lévő polgári eljárásokat az uniós jog alapján fogják lefolytatni. Az európai igazságügyi portálon 2022 végéig még olvashatók lesznek az Egyesült Királyságra vonatkozó releváns információk, az országgal kötött kölcsönös megállapodás alapján.

Access to justice in environmental matters

Egyesült Királyság

Egyesült Királyság

The Bailiwick of Guernsey is a Crown Dependency and includes the separate jurisdictions of Alderney and Sark and the islands of Herm, Jethou and Lihou. Alderney and Sark have independent legislative, executive and judicial systems. Under Protocol 3 to the Accession Treaty of 1972 there is only a limited connection to the European Union for the purposes of free movement of goods. Other EU legislation does not generally apply. Pollution control law is mainly contained in the Environmental Pollution (Guernsey) Law 2004 while land use planning is provided for in the Land Planning and Development (Guernsey) Law 2005. There is provision for EIA in the Land Planning and Development (General Provisions) Ordinance 2007. Judicial review of decisions is available in the Royal Court of Guernsey under the rules in Practice Direction 3 of 2004. There is no freedom of information legislation in Guernsey. The Office of Environmental Health and Pollution Regulation has legal powers to prevent the recurrence of statutory nuisances under the Loi Relative à la Santé Publique, 1934 (as amended) and related legislation. Individuals can bring an action against another person in customary law for a nuisance, which can include an injunction.

Last update: 14/09/2016

The national language version of this page is maintained by the respective Member State. The translations have been done by the European Commission service. Possible changes introduced in the original by the competent national authority may not be yet reflected in the translations. The European Commission accepts no responsibility or liability whatsoever with regard to any information or data contained or referred to in this document. Please refer to the legal notice to see copyright rules for the Member State responsible for this page.