Civilinės teisenos srityje nebaigtos procedūros ir procesai, pradėti iki pereinamojo laikotarpio pabaigos, bus tęsiami pagal ES teisę. Remiantis abipusiu susitarimu su Jungtine Karalyste, atitinkama su Jungtine Karalyste susijusi informacija E. teisingumo portale bus saugoma iki 2024 m. pabaigos.

Facilities in EU countries

Jungtinė Karalystė

Turinį pateikė
Jungtinė Karalystė

The administration of videoconferencing facilities in the UK is decentralised, so there is no national point of contact for reserving equipment. However, cross-border videoconferencing requests must be addressed to the following organisations before any contact with the court concerned.

In England and Wales the UK Central Authority (UKCA) based at the Home Office is the central authority for receiving videoconferencing hearing requests in criminal matters.  Information on how to a make request for videoconferencing facilities in the UK can be found under the heading ‘Hearings via Video or Telephone Conference’ on the Home Office's guidelines on requests for mutual legal assistance in criminal matters.

If a request is accepted, the UKCA nominates a relevant court (based on location of the witness).  In civil matters, the Senior Master of the Queen's Bench Division and Queen's Remembrancer is the judge in the Royal Courts of Justice who receives all cross-border videoconferencing requests before referring the matter to the relevant court.

More information on Taking of Evidence can be found here in the e-Justice portal under European Judicial Atlas in Civil matters. There are 1,800 video links operational in the courts across England and Wales, mostly in the criminal courts but there is also some availability in the civil courts. 500 of these are witness rooms suitable for giving evidence from.

In Scotland videoconferencing requests in criminal matters must be addressed to the International Cooperation Unit of the Crown Office in Edinburgh. In civil matters, requests should be addressed to the Scottish Government, Civil Law and Legal System Division, St Andrew's House (GW15), Regent Road, Edinburgh EH1 3DG (e-mail:

In Northern Ireland requests in criminal matters must be addressed to the same central authority as for England and Wales (see above). In civil matters, requests must be addressed to the High Court Civil and Criminal Division in Belfast.

Last update: 01/11/2016

The national language version of this page is maintained by the respective Member State. The translations have been done by the European Commission service. Possible changes introduced in the original by the competent national authority may not be yet reflected in the translations. The European Commission accepts no responsibility or liability whatsoever with regard to any information or data contained or referred to in this document. Please refer to the legal notice to see copyright rules for the Member State responsible for this page.