Brussels IIa Regulation - Matrimonial matters and matters of parental responsibility


Content provided by:

Article 67 (a)

The names, addresses and means of communication for the central authorities designated pursuant to Article 53:

Office for International Legal Protection of Children (Úřad pro mezinárodně právní ochranu dětí)

Šilingrovo náměstí 3

602 00 Brno

Czech Republic

Phone: 00420 542 215 522

Fax: 00420 542 212 836


Web address:


Zdeněk Kapitán, Director

Markéta Nováková, Deputy Director

Article 67 (b)

The languages accepted for communications to central authorities pursuant to Article 57(2): Czech, English, German and French.

Article 67 (c)

For the certificate on access rights and the return of a child – Article 45(2): Czech

Articles 21 and 29

Applications under Articles 21 and 29 are to be submitted to the following in the Czech Republic:

- district courts (okresní soudy) or court bailiffs (soudní exekutoři).

Article 33

Appeals under Article 33 are to be lodged with the following courts in the Czech Republic:

- district courts (okresní soudy)).

Article 34

The only appeals that may be lodged under Article 34 in the Czech Republic are:

- action in annulment (žaloba pro zmatečnost) pursuant to Section 229 et seq. of Act No 99/1963 (Code of Judicial Civil Procedure), as amended, and appellate review (dovolání) pursuant to Section 236 et seq. of Act No 99/1963 (Code of Judicial Civil Procedure), as amended.


This web page is part of Your Europe.

We welcome your feedback on the usefulness of the provided information.


Last update: 03/06/2024

The national language version of this page is maintained by the respective Member State. The translations have been done by the European Commission service. Possible changes introduced in the original by the competent national authority may not be yet reflected in the translations. The European Commission accepts no responsibility or liability whatsoever with regard to any information or data contained or referred to in this document. Please refer to the legal notice to see copyright rules for the Member State responsible for this page.