Matrimonial matters and matters of parental responsibility


Content provided by:

Article 67 (a)

Please note that the original language version of this page French has been amended recently. The language version you are now viewing is currently being prepared by our translators.

The names, addresses and contact details of the central authorities designated pursuant to Article 53:

Two central authorities have been designated.

1. For the whole Regulation except for Article 56 (cross-border investments)

Ministère de la Justice (Ministry of Justice)

Direction des Affaires Civiles et du Sceau (Civil Affairs and Seals Directorate)

Bureau du droit de l'Union, du droit international privé et de l’entraide civile (Office for EU law, private international law and mutual legal assistance in civil matters, ‘BDIP’)

13 place Vendôme

75042 Paris Cedex 01


2. For the application of Article 56 (cross-border investments)

Ministère de la Justice (Ministry of Justice)

Direction de la Protection Judiciaire de la Jeunesse (Youth Protection Directorate)

Bureau des affaires judiciaires et de la législation (Office for Legal Affairs and Legislation)

13, place Vendôme

75042 Paris Cedex 01

Office address: Le Millénaire 35 rue de la gare Paris 19ème

Telephone:       +33 (01) 44 77 69 02

Fax:        +33(01) 44 77 25 78


Article 67 (b)

The languages accepted for correspondence with central authorities pursuant to Article 57(2): French, English.

Article 67 (c)

The languages accepted for the certificate concerning rights of access and the certificate for the return of the child pursuant to Article 45(2): French, English.

Articles 21 and 29

The applications provided for by Articles 21 and 29 must be submitted to the following court authorities:

- in France, the President of the Civil Court (Président du tribunal judiciaire) or their delegate.

Article 33

Appeals under Article 33 are to be lodged with the following courts:

- in France, the Cour d’appel (Court of Appeal).

Article 34

As provided for by Article 34, the judgment given on appeal may be contested:

- in France, only by bringing a pourvoi en cassation (appeal on a point of law to the Court of Cassation).


This web page is part of Your Europe.

We welcome your feedback on the usefulness of the provided information.


Last update: 15/10/2021

The national language version of this page is maintained by the respective Member State. The translations have been done by the European Commission service. Possible changes introduced in the original by the competent national authority may not be yet reflected in the translations. The European Commission accepts no responsibility or liability whatsoever with regard to any information or data contained or referred to in this document. Please refer to the legal notice to see copyright rules for the Member State responsible for this page.