Legal aid


Content provided by:

National law PDF (152 Kb) lv


The search tool below will help you to identify court(s)/authority(ies) competent for a specific European legal instrument. Please note that although every effort has been made to ascertain the accuracy of the results, there may be some exceptional cases concerning the determination of competence that are not necessarily covered.


Legal aid

*mandatory input

Article 14(2), first indent - Names and addresses of the competent receiving or transmitting authorities

The address of the legal aid administration is Pils laukums 4, Riga, LV-1050, e-mail: Telephone information line (free of charge): 80001801 (information provided about the services of the legal aid administration and how to fill in forms)

Click on the below link to view all competent authorities related to this Article.
List of competent authorities

Article 14(2), second indent - Receiving and transmitting authorities' geographical areas of jurisdiction

The territorial extent of the jurisdiction of the transmitting and receiving authority, i.e. the legal aid administration, is the Republic of Latvia.

Article 14(2), third indent - Available methods of receiving applications

The competent authority may be asked to decide whether the decision to grant legal aid is to be sent by post or delivered in person to the legal aid administration.

Article 14(2), fourth indent - Languages that may be used for completion of the application

The applications may be completed in Latvian.

Last update: 27/12/2021

The national language version of this page is maintained by the respective Member State. The translations have been done by the European Commission service. Possible changes introduced in the original by the competent national authority may not be yet reflected in the translations. The European Commission accepts no responsibility or liability whatsoever with regard to any information or data contained or referred to in this document. Please refer to the legal notice to see copyright rules for the Member State responsible for this page.