Legal aid


Content provided by:

National rule: Legal Aid Act

Act No 327/2005 on the provision of legal aid to persons in material need and amending Act No 586/2003 on the legal profession and amending Act No 455/1991 on trading activity (the Trading Act), as amended by Act No 8/2005, which has been in force since 1 January 2006.


The search tool below will help you to identify court(s)/authority(ies) competent for a specific European legal instrument. Please note that although every effort has been made to ascertain the accuracy of the results, there may be some exceptional cases concerning the determination of competence that are not necessarily covered.


Legal aid

*mandatory input

Article 14(2), first indent - Names and addresses of the competent receiving or transmitting authorities

The competent receiving and transmitting authority is the Legal Aid Centre. Applications must be handed in or sent to the Legal Aid Centre office serving the place where the applicant normally or temporarily resides.

Article 14(2), second indent - Receiving and transmitting authorities' geographical areas of jurisdiction

The Legal Aid Centre is the competent authority for the whole of Slovakia.

Article 14(2), third indent - Available methods of receiving applications

Applications, which must be made using the prescribed form, can be submitted on paper, electronically with an advanced electronic signature or via the Central Public Administration Portal.

Article 14(2), fourth indent - Languages that may be used for completion of the application

Languages in which applications may be submitted: Slovak.

Last update: 04/04/2024

The national language version of this page is maintained by the respective Member State. The translations have been done by the European Commission service. Possible changes introduced in the original by the competent national authority may not be yet reflected in the translations. The European Commission accepts no responsibility or liability whatsoever with regard to any information or data contained or referred to in this document. Please refer to the legal notice to see copyright rules for the Member State responsible for this page.