FINDING COMPETENT COURTS
The search tool below will help you to identify court(s)/authority(ies) competent for a specific European legal instrument. Please note that although every effort has been made to ascertain the accuracy of the results, there may be some exceptional cases concerning the determination of competence that are not necessarily covered.
Annex I - The rules of jurisdiction referred to in Article 3(2) and Article 4(2)
- in Malta: Articles 742, 743 and 744 of the Code of Organisation and Civil Procedure — Cap. 12, and Article 549 of the Commercial Code — Cap. 13.
Annex II - The courts or competent authorities to which the application referred to in Article 39 may be submitted
- in Malta, the ‘Prim’ Awla tal-Qorti Ċivili’ [First Hall of the Civil Court] or the ‘Qorti tal‑Maġistrati ta’ Għawdex fil-ġurisdizzjoni superjuri tagħha’ [Gozo Court of Magistrates in its superior jurisdiction] or, for maintenance judgments, the ‘Reġistratur tal-Qorti’ [Court Registrar] on transmission by the ‘Ministru responsabbli għall‑Ġustizzja’ [Minister for Justice].
Annex III - The courts with which appeals referred to in Article 43(2) may be lodged
- The Court of Appeal in accordance with the procedure laid down for appeals in the Code of Organisation and Civil Procedure — Cap. 12
Annex IV- The appeals which may be lodged pursuant to Article 44
- in Malta, there are no further appeals to any other courts;
- for maintenance judgements, the Court of Appeal in accordance with the procedure laid down for appeals in the Code of Organisation and Civil Procedure — Cap. 12.
The national language version of this page is maintained by the respective Member State. The translations have been done by the European Commission service. Possible changes introduced in the original by the competent national authority may not be yet reflected in the translations. The European Commission accepts no responsibility or liability whatsoever with regard to any information or data contained or referred to in this document. Please refer to the legal notice to see copyright rules for the Member State responsible for this page.