If my claim is to be sent from this country to another EU country


Content provided by:

Which authority will help me send a claim to another EU country?

Social Insurance Board

Endla 8

Telephone: +372 612 1360
Fax: +372 640 8155

E-mail: info@sotsiaalkindlustusamet.ee
Website: http://www.sotsiaalkindlustusamet.ee/


The deciding authority is the Social Insurance Board together with its local pension departments.

What is the role of the assisting authority?

To assist in completing and submitting applications for compensation and supporting documents to the competent authority of another country.

Will this authority translate the supporting documents, if the outgoing claim needs this? If so, who pays for this?

If a person approaches the competent authority of another country directly, the costs will be borne by that person. If the documents are submitted via the Social Insurance Board, the required forms will be completed and an unofficial translation will be enclosed, if necessary. The translation service will be paid for by the Social Insurance Board.

Are there administrative or other charges to be paid when a claim is sent abroad?


Last update: 28/08/2019

The national language version of this page is maintained by the respective Member State. The translations have been done by the European Commission service. Possible changes introduced in the original by the competent national authority may not be yet reflected in the translations. The European Commission accepts no responsibility or liability whatsoever with regard to any information or data contained or referred to in this document. Please refer to the legal notice to see copyright rules for the Member State responsible for this page.