If my claim is to be sent from this country to another EU country


Content provided by:

Which authority will help me send a claim to another EU country?

The assisting authority that can help you to forward your claim to another Member State of the European Union is the Office for Victim Support and NGO Policy (Bureau de l’aide aux victimes et de la politique associative — BAVPA) at the Ministry of Justice.

What is the role of the assisting authority?

The assisting authority can provide information to the claimant on the options for claiming compensation, and the necessary forms. It then forwards the claim and the supporting documents to the assisting authority of the Member State where the offence took place or directly to the deciding authority there.

Will this authority translate the supporting documents, if the outgoing claim needs this? If so, who pays for this?

The assisting authority does not translate the documents. You must have the documents translated if necessary.

Are there administrative or other charges to be paid when the claim is sent abroad?


Last update: 01/10/2019

The national language version of this page is maintained by the respective Member State. The translations have been done by the European Commission service. Possible changes introduced in the original by the competent national authority may not be yet reflected in the translations. The European Commission accepts no responsibility or liability whatsoever with regard to any information or data contained or referred to in this document. Please refer to the legal notice to see copyright rules for the Member State responsible for this page.