If my claim is to be sent from this country to another EU country


Content provided by:

Which authority will help me send a claim to another EU country?

Ministry of Justice

13, rue Erasme

Tel.: (352) 2478 45 27, (352) 2478 45 17
Fax: (352) 26 68 48 61, (352) 22 52 96

Email: info@mj.public.lu
Website: http://www.mj.public.lu/services_citoyens/indemnisation/index.html

What is the role of the assisting authority?

The Luxembourg Ministry of Justice will help the victim to obtain essential information on the possibilities of claiming compensation in another Member State and to send the compensation claim to the authority responsible in that other Member State so that it can decide on the claim.

The Ministry of Justice will likewise assist the victim where additional information is required by the deciding authority in the other Member State.

Where applicable, the Ministry of Justice will arrange for the victim to be heard by the deciding authority, in particular through telephone-conferencing. It may also be instructed by the deciding authority to obtain oral statements from the victim, which will be recorded in a report to be sent to the deciding authority.

Will this authority translate the supporting documents, if the outgoing claim needs this? If so, who pays for this?

The outgoing claim can be submitted in German, French or English so that translation is not necessary in principle.

Are there administrative or other charges to be paid when the claim is sent abroad?


Last update: 24/01/2019

The national language version of this page is maintained by the respective Member State. The translations have been done by the European Commission service. Possible changes introduced in the original by the competent national authority may not be yet reflected in the translations. The European Commission accepts no responsibility or liability whatsoever with regard to any information or data contained or referred to in this document. Please refer to the legal notice to see copyright rules for the Member State responsible for this page.