If my claim is to be sent from this country to another EU country


Content provided by:

Which authority will help me send a claim to another EU country?

The Ministry for Justice, Culture and Local Government

30, Old Treasury Street

What is the role of the assisting authority?

Its role is to carry out preliminary processing and evaluation of the application.

Will this authority translate the supporting documents, if the outgoing claim needs this? If so, who pays for this?

Yes, the authority translates the supporting documents. The Legal Aid Malta Agency covers the fees as well as the related expenses.

Are there administrative or other charges to be paid when the claim is sent abroad?

No other charges are due.

Last update: 04/05/2021

The national language version of this page is maintained by the respective Member State. The translations have been done by the European Commission service. Possible changes introduced in the original by the competent national authority may not be yet reflected in the translations. The European Commission accepts no responsibility or liability whatsoever with regard to any information or data contained or referred to in this document. Please refer to the legal notice to see copyright rules for the Member State responsible for this page.