If my claim is to be sent from this country to another EU country


Content provided by:

Which authority will help me send a claim to another EU country?

The Ministry of Justice of the Slovak Republic — Rehabilitation and Compensation Department

Telephone: +421288891225
Fax: +4212888 91 579

E-mail: victims@justice.sk
Website: https://www.justice.gov.sk

What is the role of the assisting authority?

The Ministry of Justice of the Slovak Republic provides victims with information on the conditions for obtaining compensation in force in the Member State in which the offence that caused bodily harm was committed and the application forms required for applying for such compensation and, on request, assistance in completing them. The Ministry of Justice of the Slovak Republic delivers the applications.

Will this authority translate the supporting documents, if the outgoing claim needs this? If so, who pays for this?

The Ministry of Justice of the Slovak Republic does not provide translation of the necessary documents. The crime victim pays for the translation and the associated costs.

Are there administrative or other charges to be paid when the claim is sent abroad?


Last update: 27/02/2023

The national language version of this page is maintained by the respective Member State. The translations have been done by the European Commission service. Possible changes introduced in the original by the competent national authority may not be yet reflected in the translations. The European Commission accepts no responsibility or liability whatsoever with regard to any information or data contained or referred to in this document. Please refer to the legal notice to see copyright rules for the Member State responsible for this page.