If my claim is to be sent from this country to another EU country


Content provided by:

Which authority will help me send a claim to another EU country?

The Swedish Crime Victim Compensation and Support Authority

Storgatan 49
Umeå, Sweden

Tel: +(46)90708200
Fax: +(46)90178353

E-mail: registrator@brottsoffermyndigheten.se
Website: https://www.brottsoffermyndigheten.se/eng

Postal address:
P.O. Box 470
SE-901 09
Umeå, Sweden

What is the role of the assisting authority?

As the assisting authority, the Swedish Crime Victim Compensation and Support Authority can help to ensure that a claim made to the deciding authority in another EU country is made correctly and that the claim is sent to the deciding authority. The Swedish Crime Victim Compensation and Support Authority also conveys information and messages between the claimant and the deciding authority, for example when supplementary information or evidence is required from the claimant in order for a decision to be made.

Will this authority translate the supporting documents, if the outgoing claim needs this? If so, who pays for this?

Yes; translations will be done where necessary. The Swedish Crime Victim Compensation and Support Authority will bear the translation costs.

Are there administrative or other charges to be paid when the claim is sent abroad?


Last update: 26/03/2020

The national language version of this page is maintained by the respective Member State. The translations have been done by the European Commission service. Possible changes introduced in the original by the competent national authority may not be yet reflected in the translations. The European Commission accepts no responsibility or liability whatsoever with regard to any information or data contained or referred to in this document. Please refer to the legal notice to see copyright rules for the Member State responsible for this page.