If my claim is to be sent from this country to another EU country

Information on the procedure for sending a compensation application

If you fell victim to a crime while you were abroad (in an EU country in which you do not live) you can submit the application to the assisting authority of the country in which you live. The assisting authority translates and transmits the application to the deciding authority of the EU country where the crime was committed. The deciding authority is responsible for assessing the application and payment of the compensation.

Here you can find information about the procedure you need to follow to have your application sent from your country of residence to the EU country where the crime was committed. According to EU law, the EU country in which the crime was committed is the one that is responsible for paying the compensation.

In order to find the procedure to follow you should look at information for your country of residence.

Please select the relevant country's flag to obtain detailed national information.

Last update: 08/10/2020

This page is maintained by the European Commission. The information on this page does not necessarily reflect the official position of the European Commission. The Commission accepts no responsibility or liability whatsoever with regard to any information or data contained or referred to in this document. Please refer to the legal notice with regard to copyright rules for European pages.