Please note that the original language version of this page Greek has been amended recently. The language version you are now viewing is currently being prepared by our translators.
Swipe to change

Mediation in EU countries


Content provided by:
There is no official translation of the language version you are viewing.
You can access a machine translated version of this content here. Please note that it is only provided for contextual purposes. The owner of this page accepts no responsibility or liability whatsoever with regard to the quality of this machine translated text.

Who to contact?

For information on mediation in Cyprus, please contact a lawyer registered in Cyprus.

In what areas is recourse to mediation admissible and/or the most common?

Recourse can be taken to mediation in order to resolve any difference, provided that the parties involved consent.

Are there specific rules to follow?

Unlike the other form of alternative dispute resolution (arbitration), there are no laws which specifically govern the mediation process and therefore there are no specific rules to follow for mediation.

NB: a bill on the specific question of mediation in family cases has been tabled before the House of Representatives (Βουλή των Αντιπροσώπων) and is currently being debated.

What is the cost of mediation?

There is no fixed cost for mediation; it basically depends on the complexity of the case and the standing of the mediator.

Is it possible to enforce an agreement resulting from mediation?

The outcome of mediation is not a judgment which can be enforced in the same way as a court judgment.

Last update: 11/04/2022

The national language version of this page is maintained by the respective Member State. The translations have been done by the European Commission service. Possible changes introduced in the original by the competent national authority may not be yet reflected in the translations. The European Commission accepts no responsibility or liability whatsoever with regard to any information or data contained or referred to in this document. Please refer to the legal notice to see copyright rules for the Member State responsible for this page.