If my claim is to be sent from this country to another EU country


Content provided by:

Which authority will help me send a claim to another EU country?

Ministry of Justice (Ministarstvo pravosuđa)
Ulica grada Vukovara 49

Telephone: +385 1 371 40 00
Fax : +385 1 371 45 07

Website : https://pravosudje.gov.hr/o-ministarstvu/djelokrug-6366/iz-pravosudnog-sustava-6372/podrska-zrtvama-i-svjedocima/6156

What is the role of the assisting authority?

  • The assisting authority is the Ministry of Justice of the Republic of Croatia (Ministarstvo pravosuđa Republike Hrvatske) and the applicant may submit a claim to this authority in these cases
  • Under Croatian law, these are called cross-border cases (prekogranični slučajevi)
  • This assisting authority shall, as quickly as possible, submit the claim and its attachments to the competent authority of the country in which the applicant seeks compensation, in the official language of the country or in another language deemed acceptable by the country in question.
  • The aforementioned claim shall be submitted using the form prescribed by the European Commission.
  • If the authority responsible for deciding on the claim in the country in question requests that the applicant, witnesses, court-appointed experts or other persons be heard in the Republic of Croatia, this is done by the Committee for the Compensation of Crime Victims (Odbor za novčanu naknadu žrtvama kaznenih djela), which then submits a report on the hearing to the other country’s authority responsible for reaching a decision on the claim.
  • If the other country’s authority which is responsible for reaching a decision on the claim requests that the hearing take place using technical aids, the hearing shall take place in cooperation with the Ministry of Justice of the Republic of Croatia under the condition that the person to be heard agrees to this procedure.

Will this authority translate the supporting documents, if the outgoing claim needs this? If so, who pays for this?

The Ministry of Justice of the Republic of Croatia, as the assisting authority, shall translate the claim into the language of the country from which compensation is claimed, or into another language designated as the language of communication by the country in question.

Are there administrative or other charges to be paid when the claim is sent abroad?

  • There are no administrative or other charges to be paid when sending the claim abroad.
Last update: 09/01/2019

The national language version of this page is maintained by the respective Member State. The translations have been done by the European Commission service. Possible changes introduced in the original by the competent national authority may not be yet reflected in the translations. The European Commission accepts no responsibility or liability whatsoever with regard to any information or data contained or referred to in this document. Please refer to the legal notice to see copyright rules for the Member State responsible for this page.