If my claim (from another country) is to be considered in this country


Content provided by:

Which authority decides on a claim for compensation in cross-border cases?

No information available.

Can I send my claim directly to the deciding authority in this country even in cross-border cases (without having to go via the assisting authority in my home country)?

You can send your claim directly to the deciding authority in that country even in cross-border cases.

In which language(s) do the compensation authorities(s) accept the:

– claim?

In Greek and English.

– supporting documents?

In Greek and English.

If the compensation authority translates the claim/supporting documents from another EU country, who pays for this?

Not applicable.

Are there administrative or other charges to be paid in this country for processing my claim (received from another EU country)? If so, how can I pay these?


If I need to be present during the procedure and/or when my claim is being decided upon, can I be reimbursed for my travelling costs? How can I claim them? Who do I have to contact?

You are not required to be present.

Is an interpreter provided, in case I have to be personally present?

Not applicable.

Will medical certificates, given by doctors in my country of residence, be accepted or recognised – or will my health/injury have to be examined by your own medical experts?

Medical certificates issued by doctors in your country of residence will be accepted.

Will I be reimbursed for my travelling costs, if I have to undergo a medical examination in this country?

Not applicable.

How long does it take approximately to get a decision on compensation from the competent authority/body?

It takes 6 months from the date on which all the information is available for a decision to be made.

In which language will I receive the decision on my claim?

In Greek and English.

If I am not satisfied with the decision, how can I challenge it?

You can challenge the decision by filing a claim before the Administrative Court within 75 days of the decision.

Can I get legal aid (help from a lawyer) under the other country’s rules?

You can apply for legal aid in relation to the legal proceedings concerning your case.

Are there any victim support organisations in this country that can help me claim compensation in a cross-border case?

You can get information on claiming compensation by directly contacting Social Insurance Services.

Last update: 11/03/2024

The national language version of this page is maintained by the respective Member State. The translations have been done by the European Commission service. Possible changes introduced in the original by the competent national authority may not be yet reflected in the translations. The European Commission accepts no responsibility or liability whatsoever with regard to any information or data contained or referred to in this document. Please refer to the legal notice to see copyright rules for the Member State responsible for this page.