Please note that the original language version of this page Dutch has been amended recently. The language version you are now viewing is currently being prepared by our translators.
Swipe to change

National specialised courts


This section provides you with information on the organisation of specialised courts in the Netherlands.

Content provided by:
There is no official translation of the language version you are viewing.
You can access a machine translated version of this content here. Please note that it is only provided for contextual purposes. The owner of this page accepts no responsibility or liability whatsoever with regard to the quality of this machine translated text.

Administrative courts

The administrative courts in the Netherlands are:

  • District court (Rechtbank): first instance for all administrative cases
  • Court of Appeal (Gerechtshof): appeal court for tax cases
  • Supreme Court (Hoge Raad): supreme court for tax cases
  • Central Appeals Tribunal (Centrale Raad van Beroep): appeal (and final) court for social security cases
  • Trade and Industry Appeals Tribunal (College van Beroep voor het bedrijfsleven): appeal (and final) court for socio-economic administrative law
  • Administrative Jurisdiction Division of the Council of State (Afdeling Bestuursrechtspraak van de Raad van State): appeal (and final) court for all administrative cases not decided by other appeal courts

Legal databases

Further information can be found on the website dedicated to the judicial system in the Netherlands.

Related Links

Information on the specialised courts (in English)

Last update: 25/02/2020

The national language version of this page is maintained by the respective Member State. The translations have been done by the European Commission service. Possible changes introduced in the original by the competent national authority may not be yet reflected in the translations. The European Commission accepts no responsibility or liability whatsoever with regard to any information or data contained or referred to in this document. Please refer to the legal notice to see copyright rules for the Member State responsible for this page.