If my claim is to be sent from this country to another EU country


Content provided by:

Which authority can help me send a claim to another EU country?

Federal Office for Social Affairs and People with Disabilities, Ministry for Social Affairs (Bundesamt für Soziales und Behindertenwesen - Sozialministeriumservice) – Vienna Branch
Babenbergerstraße 5
A-1010 Vienna

Tel.: 0043 158831
Fax: 0043(0)10599882516

email: post.wien@sozialministeriumservice.at

What is the role of the assisting authority?

The tasks of the assisting authority are laid down in Council Directive 2004/80/EC. They are also outlined in Section 9a of the Victims of Crime Act (Verbrechensopfergsetz).

Will this authority translate the supporting documents, if the outgoing claim needs this? If so, who pays for this?

In accordance with Article 11 of Council Directive 2004/80/EC, the victim does not have to pay for this.

Are there administrative or other charges to be paid when the claim is sent abroad?

The victim will not incur any costs.

Last update: 19/08/2020

The national language version of this page is maintained by the respective Member State. The translations have been done by the European Commission service. Possible changes introduced in the original by the competent national authority may not be yet reflected in the translations. The European Commission accepts no responsibility or liability whatsoever with regard to any information or data contained or referred to in this document. Please refer to the legal notice to see copyright rules for the Member State responsible for this page.