On which website(s) are official announcements published?
Which types of announcements are published?
The announcement register is updated with information about announcements based on decisions by courts or authorities concerning:
- public summons notified by a district court;
- mergers of foundations notified by a district court;
- mergers, demergers or divisions of funds of a limited company, or other measure or decision referred to in the legislation on communities and foundations, which must be announced in the Official Gazette; or
- bailiff's announcements.
The Official Gazette publishes the notifications, announcements and other documents that are required to be published in the Official Gazette by an act, decree or other decision issued by a lower court.
From which organisation(s) are announcements published?
The announcement register publishes the notifications of district courts, enforcement agencies and the Finnish Trade Register (PRH).
Announcements notified by district courts to the announcement register:
- Public summons to creditors
- Merging of foundations
Announcements notified by enforcement agencies to the announcement register:
- Forming of creditors' agreements
- Discussion of division of assets
- Correspondence with creditors
Announcements notified by the Finnish Trade Register (PRH) to the announcement register:
- Transfer of the registered office of an SE
- Public summons in liquidation proceedings
- Public summons to creditors of foundations in liquidation
- Reduction of the initial fund
- Merger by the formation of a new company
- Announcement to holders of special rights
- Announcement to creditors of an acquiring foundation
- Announcement to creditors of an acquiring entity
- Announcement to creditors of an acquiring entity in a demerger
- Transfer of all or part of a business
- Renunciation of the authorisation of a credit institution
- Conversion of a public limited company into a private limited company
- Capital reduction
- Conversion of a cooperative into a private limited company
- Removal of a cooperative from the trade register
- Renunciation of the authorisation of a co-operative bank
- Ordering liquidation proceedings or removal from the register
- Reduction of the investment capital
- Amendment of the rules or exemption from a provision
- Distribution of free equity
- Reduction of the reserve fund
- Distribution of profits
- Invitation to order the dissolution of an association
- Amendment of the articles of association or exemption from a provision
- Reduction of the share premium account
- Invitation to order the liquidation of a company or its removal from the register
- Change of company form
In addition to these, the Official Gazette publishes the notifications, announcements and other documents of a number of other organisations.
Is access to the official announcements free of charge?
Announcement register: yes
Official Gazette: PDF copies have been free of charge since 2011. There is a charge for Credita's Virallinen.fi service.
1 user, price/licence: EUR 200/year, 2-5 users, price/licence: EUR 145/year, over 5 users, price/licence: EUR 124/year
What types of searches can be made?
Entries in the announcement register can be searched using the following parameters:
- Announcement type
- Subject of announcement
- Business ID / date of birth / year of birth
- Due date
- Case number issued by district court
In addition to other search criteria, an unrestricted keyword search is available in the paid database of the Official Gazette.
As of which date were the official announcements available in electronic format?
Announcement register: 1 April 2004
Official Gazette: since 2011
Can searches be saved and email notifications sent when criteria are met?
Announcement register: no, this is not possible.
Official Gazette: searches can be saved and notifications received via email when using the paid database.
Are the official announcements freely available as open data? If so, where can the repository and/or technical information be found?
Not available as open data.
The national language version of this page is maintained by the respective Member State. The translations have been done by the European Commission service. Possible changes introduced in the original by the competent national authority may not be yet reflected in the translations. The European Commission accepts no responsibility or liability whatsoever with regard to any information or data contained or referred to in this document. Please refer to the legal notice to see copyright rules for the Member State responsible for this page.