Brussels IIa Regulation - Matrimonial matters and matters of parental responsibility


Content provided by:

Article 67 (a)

The names, addresses and contact details of the central authorities designated pursuant to Article 53:

Office of the Public Prosecutor attached to the Supreme Court of Justice (Parquet général près la Cour Supérieure de Justice)

Parquet Général

Cité Judiciaire, Bâtiment CR

Plateau du Saint-Esprit

L-2080 Luxembourg

Telephone:  +352 475981 - 2393/ -2329

Fax:             +352 470550


Article 67 (b)

The languages accepted for correspondence with the central authorities pursuant to Article 57(2) are: French, English and German.

Article 67 (c)

The languages accepted for the certificate concerning rights of access and the certificate concerning return of the child(ren) pursuant to Article 45(2) are: French, English and German.

Articles 21 and 29

The applications provided for by Articles 21 and 29 must be submitted to the following court authorities:

- in Luxembourg, the presiding judge at the district court (Tribunal d’arrondissement).

Article 33

The appeals provided for by Article 33 must be lodged with the following courts:

- in Luxembourg, the Court of Appeal (Cour d’appel).

Article 34

As provided for by Article 34, the judgment given on appeal may only be contested by:

- in Luxembourg, bringing an appeal on a point of law (pourvoi en cassation).


This web page is part of Your Europe.

We welcome your feedback on the usefulness of the provided information.


Last update: 14/05/2024

The national language version of this page is maintained by the respective Member State. The translations have been done by the European Commission service. Possible changes introduced in the original by the competent national authority may not be yet reflected in the translations. The European Commission accepts no responsibility or liability whatsoever with regard to any information or data contained or referred to in this document. Please refer to the legal notice to see copyright rules for the Member State responsible for this page.