Brussels IIa Regulation - Matrimonial matters and matters of parental responsibility


Content provided by:


The search tool below will help you to identify court(s)/authority(ies) competent for a specific European legal instrument. Please note that although every effort has been made to ascertain the accuracy of the results, there may be some exceptional cases concerning the determination of competence that are not necessarily covered.


Family Law - Brussels IIa Regulation - Matrimonial matters and matters of parental responsibility

*mandatory input

Article 67 (a)

The names, addresses and means of communication for the central authorities designated pursuant to Article 53:

The Ministry of Justice

International legal assistance

Box 25

00023 Government

Tel.:+358 9 1606 7628

Fax:+358 9 1606 7524


Article 67 (b)

The languages accepted for communications to central authorities pursuant to Article 57(2): Finnish, Swedish, English.

Article 67 (c)

For the certificate on access rights and the return of a child - Article 45(2): Finnish, Swedish, English.

Articles 21 and 29

The applications provided for in Articles 21 and 29 shall be submitted to the following courts:

- in Finland, the käräjäoikeus/tingsrätt.

Article 33

The appeal provided for in Article 33 shall be lodged with the following courts:

- in Finland, the hovioikeus/hovrätt.

Article 34

The judgments given on appeal provided for in Article 34 may be contested only at:

- in Finland, the Korkein oikeus/högsta domstolen.


This web page is part of Your Europe.

We welcome your feedback on the usefulness of the provided information.


Last update: 22/03/2024

The national language version of this page is maintained by the respective Member State. The translations have been done by the European Commission service. Possible changes introduced in the original by the competent national authority may not be yet reflected in the translations. The European Commission accepts no responsibility or liability whatsoever with regard to any information or data contained or referred to in this document. Please refer to the legal notice to see copyright rules for the Member State responsible for this page.