This page tells you how to find a mediator in Portugal.

Content provided by:

Conflict mediators working in one of the public mediation services or in small claims courts (julgados de paz – justices of the peace) must be enrolled on the lists of professionals authorised to practise mediation. Enrolment on the lists is governed by Ministerial Implementing Order (Portaria) No 282/2010 of 25 May 2010 and Ministerial Implementing Order No 283/2010 of 19 October 2010.

The Directorate-General for Justice Policy (Direção-Geral da Política de Justiça – DGPJ), which comes under the Ministry of Justice, is responsible for regulating public mediation. Although the DGPJ does not provide information on how to find a mediator, it does publish the above-mentioned lists of mediators, which can be consulted here:

List of family mediators

List of employment mediators

List of criminal mediators

List of mediators in the Julgados de Paz

Last update: 18/07/2023

The national language version of this page is maintained by the respective Member State. The translations have been done by the European Commission service. Possible changes introduced in the original by the competent national authority may not be yet reflected in the translations. The European Commission accepts no responsibility or liability whatsoever with regard to any information or data contained or referred to in this document. Please refer to the legal notice to see copyright rules for the Member State responsible for this page.