FINDING COMPETENT COURTS/AUTHORITIES
The search tool below will help you to identify court(s)/authority(ies) competent for a specific European legal instrument. Please note that although every effort has been made to ascertain the accuracy of the results, there may be some exceptional cases concerning the determination of competence that are not necessarily covered.
Article 65(3) - Information on how to determine, in accordance with national law, the effects of the judgments referred to in Article 65(2) of the Regulation
Article 75 (a) – Names and contact details of the courts to which the applications are to be submitted pursuant to Articles 36(2), 45(4) and 47(1)
- in Portugal, the district court (‘Tribunal de comarca’)
Article 75 (b) – Names and contact details of the courts with which an appeal against the decision on the application for refusal of enforcement is to be lodged pursuant to Article 49(2)
- in Portugal, the court of appeal (‘Tribunal da relação’)
Article 75 (c) – Names and contact details of the courts with which any further appeal is to be lodged pursuant to Article 50
- in Portugal, the Supreme Court of Justice (‘Supremo Tribunal de Justiça’)
Article 75 (d) – Languages accepted for translations of the certificates concerning judgments, authentic instruments and court settlements
Article 76(1)(a) – Rules of jurisdiction referred to in Articles 5(2) and 6(2) of the Regulation
- in Portugal, Article 63(1) of the Code of Civil Procedure in so far as it provides for courts to have extraterritorial jurisdiction, for instance, the court at the seat of the branch, agency, office, delegation or representation (if located in Portugal) where application is made for service on the head office (if located abroad) and Article 10 of the Code of Labour Procedure in so far as it provides for courts to have extraterritorial jurisdiction, for instance, the court at the domicile of the applicant for proceedings arising from an employment contract brought by a worker against an employer
Article 76(1)(b) – Rules on third party notice referred to in Article 65 of the Regulation
Article 76(1)(c) – Conventions referred to in Article 69 of the Regulation
- in Portugal, the Convention between the Czechoslovak Republic and Portugal on the Recognition and Enforcement of Court Judgments, signed at Lisbon, 23 November 1927.
The national language version of this page is maintained by the respective Member State. The translations have been done by the European Commission service. Possible changes introduced in the original by the competent national authority may not be yet reflected in the translations. The European Commission accepts no responsibility or liability whatsoever with regard to any information or data contained or referred to in this document. Please refer to the legal notice to see copyright rules for the Member State responsible for this page.
Last update: 22/01/2018