The European Judicial Atlas is a website maintained by the European Commission providing information relevant to judicial cooperation in civil matters. All information is provided by Member States according to the regulations in the field of civil justice.
It covers the following areas:
- Legal aid
- Mediation in civil and commercial matters
- The service of judicial and extra-judicial documents
- European procedures (European Payment Order procedure and Small Claims procedure)
- The taking of evidence
- The recognition and enforcement of judgements (Judgements in civil and commercial matters and European enforcement order) including the recognition and enforcement of judgments in matrimonial matters and the matters of parental responsibility.
- Maintenance obligations
- Compensation to crime victims
The Atlas permits you to fill in on-line the standard forms that have been designed for certain cross-border procedures.
It also helps you to identify the competent courts or authorities to which you may apply for certain purposes.
Finally, on the Atlas you can find information about Member States' court systems.
This page is maintained by the European Commission. The information on this page does not necessarily reflect the official position of the European Commission. The Commission accepts no responsibility or liability whatsoever with regard to any information or data contained or referred to in this document. Please refer to the legal notice with regard to copyright rules for European pages.
Last update: 31/05/2013