Not surprisingly, going to court may give rise to many questions. This section aims to fill the information gap which might be experienced when confronted with judicial proceedings.
You can find here answers to the following questions:
- which court in which Member State shall I turn to?
- how do I bring a case to court?
- which law will be applied?
- can I apply for legal aid?
- what are the costs?
- how my Member State calculates statutory interest rates?
- how are my fundamental rights protected?
This page is maintained by the European Commission. The information on this page does not necessarily reflect the official position of the European Commission. The Commission accepts no responsibility or liability whatsoever with regard to any information or data contained or referred to in this document. Please refer to the legal notice with regard to copyright rules for European pages.
Last update: 18/12/2020