Apsilankykite beta versijos Europos e. teisingumo portale ir išsakykite, ką apie jį manote!


Naršymo kelias

  • Pradžia
  • ...
  • ...
  • Jeigu mano prašymas (iš kitos šalies) turi būti nagrinėjamas šioje šalyje

menu starting dummy link

Page navigation

menu ending dummy link

If my claim (from another country) is to be considered in this country - Germany

Šis puslapis išverstas mašininio vertimo priemone ir jo kokybė negali būti užtikrinta.

Šio vertimo kokybė: vidutinė

Ar šis vertimas Jums naudingas?

Which authority decides on a claim for compensation in cross-border cases?

The competent authorities are the authorities in the Länder. Competence is determined by which Land the act was indeed taken. In order to avoid applicants seeking the competent authority, they may contact the Central Contact Point (Federal Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs). It shall forward the application for compensation to the appropriate authority.

Can I send my application directly to the authority in this country which will decide on my application, even if it is a cross-border case (without having to contact my home country’s contact point)?

This is possible. however, the relevant support authorities should also be informed.

In which language (s) do the compensation authorities (s) accept the:

— the application?

In any European language

— the supporting documents

In any European language

If the compensation authority translates the claim/supporting documents from another EU country, who pays for this?

Applicants are free to provide translations free of charge. The costs are usually borne by the decision-making authorities.

Are there administrative or other charges to be paid in this country for processing my claim (received from another EU country)? If so, how can I pay these?

Administrative costs or fees are not levied on victim compensation issues in Germany.

If I need to be present during the procedure and/or when my claim is being decided upon, can I be reimbursed for my travelling costs? How can I claim them? Whom shall I contact?

Travel costs shall, where necessary, be borne by the competent issuing authority.

Is an interpreter provided, in case I have to be personally present?

There is no legal entitlement to an interpreter. In practice, however, interpreters are usually used when necessary.

Will medical certificates, given by doctors in my country of residence, be accepted or recognised — or will my health/injury have to be examined by your own medical experts?

Such certificates are usually accepted.

Will I be reimbursed for my travelling costs, if I have to undergo a medical examination in this country?

Travel costs shall, where necessary, be borne by the competent issuing authority.

How long does it take approximately to get a decision on compensation from the authority/body?

The duration of the compensation procedure cannot be described in general terms, as it is highly dependent on the circumstances of the individual case.

In which language will I receive the decision on my claim?

As a rule, the decision will be translated into the national language.

If I am not satisfied with the decision, how can I challenge it?

It is possible to object to the decision in the compensation procedure. If this is not remedied, the case may be referred to the Social Court.

Can I get legal aid (help from a lawyer) under the other country’s rules?

Any applicant may at any time seek legal assistance on the matter. However, reimbursement of costs is not possible.

Are there any victim support organisations in this country that can help me claim compensation in a cross-border case?

There are a large number of local, regional and nationwide victim support organisations in Germany, which can provide assistance to those affected. A good overview, including in English and Spanish, can be found on the website Link opens in new windowhttp://www.odabs.org

This is a machine translated version of the content. The owner of this page accepts no responsibility or liability whatsoever with regard to the quality of this machine translated text.

Last update: 16/08/2019