Visit the BETA version of the European e-Justice Portal and give us feedback of your experience!


Navigation path

menu starting dummy link

Page navigation

menu ending dummy link

If my claim is to be sent from this country to another EU country - Latvia

Which authority will help me to send a claim to another EU country?

Legal Aid Administration (Juridiskās palīdzības administrācija)
Pils laukums 4

Telephone: +371 67514208
Free phone line: +371 80001801
Fax : +371 67514209

E-mail: Link opens in new
Website: Link opens in new window

What is the role of the assisting authority?

The victim can submit a claim for State compensation to the competent authority of the European Union Member State concerned with the assistance of the Link opens in new windowLegal Aid Administration.

The Legal Aid Administration provides the victim with information about the provisions for the payment, the procedure and additional requirements for State compensation established by the competent authorities of other European Union Member States. It also ensures that the persons involved in the criminal proceedings can be heard, when requested by the competent authority of the European Union Member State reviewing the request for State compensation.

Will this authority translate the supporting documents, if the outgoing claim needs this? If so, who pays for this?

You should submit the claim for State compensation in the language the European Union Member State concerned has indicated that it accepts.

The Legal Aid Administration will ensure the translation of the necessary documents that it sends to the competent authority of another European Union Member State and the translation costs are covered by the national budget.

Are there administrative or other charges to be paid when the claim is sent abroad?

If the claim for State compensation is sent to the competent authority of another European Union Member State through the Legal Aid Administration, the victim does not have to pay any costs associated with sending the request.

The national language version of this page is maintained by the respective Member State. The translations have been done by the European Commission service. Possible changes introduced in the original by the competent national authority may not be yet reflected in the translations. The European Commission accepts no responsibility or liability whatsoever with regard to any information or data contained or referred to in this document. Please refer to the legal notice to see copyright rules for the Member State responsible for this page.

Last update: 20/03/2019