Contact and instruments information for judges or other judicial authorities dealing with EJN-civil cases
Are you a judge or other authority dealing with judicial cooperation in civil and commercial matters and need help in a cross-border case?
Here are some examples of the ways the contact points can assist you:
- Enquiring about the current status of a request for judicial cooperation (e.g. service of documents or taking of evidence)
- Supplying you with information to facilitate the application of the law of another Member State that is applicable under a Union or international instrument
- Seeking solutions to difficulties arising on the occasion of a request for judicial cooperation
- Supplying you with information needed for sound judicial cooperation between the Member States
- Supplying you with general information concerning the Union and international instruments relating to judicial cooperation in civil and commercial matters
The Network's contact points play a key role. They are available to the Network members and to local judicial authorities in their Member State. They are also at the disposal of other authorities provided for in Union or international instruments relating to judicial cooperation in civil and commercial matters. The contact points assist these authorities in all practicable ways. In general terms, they are in regular contact with the contact points in the other Member States.
If you wish to contact your national contact point, please click here.
The EJN-civil has also developed a number of publications, notably users’ guides on specific Union law instruments.
The EJN-civil provides practitioners with a wide range of information on European, national and international civil and commercial law through pages on specific topics which are available here.
This page is maintained by the European Commission. The information on this page does not necessarily reflect the official position of the European Commission. The Commission accepts no responsibility or liability whatsoever with regard to any information or data contained or referred to in this document. Please refer to the legal notice with regard to copyright rules for European pages.
Last update: 18/01/2019