On which website(s) are official announcements published?
Which types of announcements are published?
The following types of announcements are published on the http://www.justiz.gv.at/ website:
- Expert opinions
- Texts for consultation
- Vacancy notices
- Publication of appointments
The following announcements are published on the http://www.edikte.justiz.gv.at/ website (Ediktsdatei – ‘Edict file’):
- Insolvency cases (bankruptcies, reorganisations, debt settlements)
- Sales and leases in insolvency proceedings
- Auctions ordered by the court
- Moveable assets
- Judicial receivership
- Voluntary auctions
- Edicts and announcements in criminal proceedings
- Announcements by the criminal courts
- Criminal recovery procedure
- Delivery notifications in criminal proceedings
- Termination of investigations
- Public notices
- Court-appointed administrators and service by public announcement
- Cancellation of securities
- Death certificates/proof of cause of death
- Edicts in probate proceedings
- Edicts under the Custody and Sequestration Act (Verwahrungs- und Einziehungsgesetz)
- Residents’ representation under Section 8 of the Nursing Home Residence Act (Heimaufenthaltsgesetz)
- Patients’ ombudsmen under Section 13 of the Hospitalisation Act (Unterbringungsgesetz)
- Service by public announcement to legal persons
- Service by public announcement by the Commercial Courts (Firmenbuchgerichte)
- Announcements by Commercial Courts
- Edicts by Land Registry Courts (Grundbuchsgerichte)
- Decisions of the Restrictive Practices Court (Kartellgericht)
- Publications by companies
From which organisation(s) are announcements published?
By the Federal Ministry of Constitutional Affairs, Reforms, Deregulation and Justice
By courts, public prosecutors, lawyers and notaries
Is access to the official announcements free of charge?
What types of searches can be made?
The Ministry of Justice’s home page (http://www.justiz.gv.at/) offers a simple word search which checks all documents on the website.
All categories on the Ediktsdatei website (http://www.edikte.justiz.gv.at/) offer the option of a word search. In addition, for several categories of announcements users can search by file number. For auctions a search by object is also available. These are just some examples of search types as there is such a wide variety of search options across the various categories.
As of which date were the official announcements available in electronic format?
Can searches be saved and notifications sent when criteria are met?
Are the official announcements freely available as open data? If so, where can the repository and/or technical information be found?
The announcements on the Ediktsdatei website are freely available and can also be processed subsequently as HTML files (there is no copy protection). A licence can also be obtained under the Re-use of Public Information Act (Informationsweiterverwendungsgesetz – IWG). The data are currently unavailable in open data format.
The publications on http://www.justiz.gv.at/ predominantly relate to existing documents in PDF format. There are some MS Word documents, although this is rare. All are published as part of the WCMS (Web Content Management System) and are freely available HTML pages. The documents are available for download as attachments on the HTML pages.
The national language version of this page is maintained by the respective Member State. The translations have been done by the European Commission service. Possible changes introduced in the original by the competent national authority may not be yet reflected in the translations. The European Commission accepts no responsibility or liability whatsoever with regard to any information or data contained or referred to in this document. Please refer to the legal notice to see copyright rules for the Member State responsible for this page.
Last update: 30/10/2018