National Victim Support and Mediation Institute INAVEM
INAVEM is a national organisation for the assistance of victims, which is certified and partly financed by the Justice Department.
French Victim Support and Mediation Institute INAVEM
- brings together 150 organisations acting for the assistance of victims and certified by the Department of Justice
- represents victims' aid associations at national, European and international level
- proposes legislative or regulatory changes aimed at improving the rights of victims
- facilitates and promotes communication and coordination among organisations that assist victims
Association of Victims of Accidents
The Association of Victims of Accidents (AAF) is an association that facilitates the compensation of victims of accidents.
The Association of Victims of Accidents (AAF)
- is specialised in compensation for victims
- assists victims of car accidents, life, hazardous therapy, aggression, nosocomial or iatrogenic disease to be compensated
- acts as part of accident prevention
- gives victims the means to access quality information
- acts as mediator for the victims
- lobbies for respect for victims and against all forms of discrimination against them
Ministry of Justice and Liberties
The Ministry of Justice and Liberties oversees the administration in courts and facilitates compensation of victims.
The Ministry of Justice and Liberties
- facilitates compensation of victims
- improves information for victims
- prioritises access to immediate and free legal support
- has a Commission of Compensation for Victims of Certain Offences (CIVI) attached to each Court that rules on compensation claims by victims of crime or their dependents when they cannot obtain effective and sufficient compensation for their loss by the offender or by insurance or social security
Association for Assistance to Victims of Bodily Injuries
The Association for Assistance to Victims of Bodily Injuries (AAVAC) provides legal assistance to victims of medical incidents.
The Association for Assistance to Victims of Bodily Injuries (AAVAC)
- provides legal assistance to victims of medical incidents such as: medical errors (anaesthesia, forgotten compresses or instruments), hepatitis C (contamination after transfusion), hepatitis B (complications following vaccination), drugs (complications from taking certain drugs)
Help for Parents of Child Victims
Help for Parents of Child Victims (APEV) is a national organisation which provides support to the families of minor victims.
Help for Parents of Child Victims (APEV)
- is a nationwide association of victims, which helps other victims
- provides help to the families (given that direct contact with families having experienced the same loss is one of the main aims of the association it enables the families to meet, talk and help each other)
- draws up legal proposals for improving victims’ rights and submits them to the Government and ministers concerned
- works on prevention (especially prevention of sexual offenses and kidnapping)
Association for Assistance and Compensation to Victims of Accidents
The Association for Assistance and Compensation to Victims of Accidents (AAIDVA) is an organisation that supports and counsels the victims of any bodily injury by mediating between the victims and the insurance companies.
The Association for Assistance and Compensation to Victims of Accidents (AAIDVA)
- is an organisation, which supports and counsels the victims of any bodily injury, for instance car accidents
- acts as a mediator between the sufferer and the insurance companies
The national language version of this page is maintained by the respective Member State. The translations have been done by the European Commission service. Possible changes introduced in the original by the competent national authority may not be yet reflected in the translations. The European Commission accepts no responsibility or liability whatsoever with regard to any information or data contained or referred to in this document. Please refer to the legal notice to see copyright rules for the Member State responsible for this page.
Last update: 04/07/2018