I am a victim of crime, who can I contact for support and assistance?
https://pulizija.gov.mt/en/Pages/Home.aspxNational social welfare agency for children and families in need, Appoġġ
http://fsws.gov.mt/en/appogg/Pages/welcome-appogg.aspxThe Justice Department - for assistance regarding compensation for injuries caused by crime
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone number: +356 25674330
Address: 21, Triq l-Arċisqof, Valletta VLT1443
Legal Aid Malta Agency
Hotline for victim support
Is victim support free of charge?
Yes, victim support is free of charge.
What kind of support can I receive from the State services or from the authorities?
You have the right to receive support services consisting of the following:
- information, advice and support related to victims’ rights, including access to criminal injuries compensation schemes and information on your role in the criminal proceedings, including preparation to attend the criminal proceedings;
- information about or direct referral to any relevant support service available;
- emotional, and where available, psychological support;
- advice in relation to financial and practical issues;
- advice related to the risk and prevention of secondary or repeat victimisation, intimidation and retaliation.
What type of support can I receive from non-governmental organisations?
From Victim Support Malta you can receive emotional support to overcome trauma caused by a crime, legal information about criminal procedures related to victims of crime and practical aid such as assistance with communication with the police.
St Jeanne Antide Foundation
The national language version of this page is maintained by the respective Member State. The translations have been done by the European Commission service. Possible changes introduced in the original by the competent national authority may not be yet reflected in the translations. The European Commission accepts no responsibility or liability whatsoever with regard to any information or data contained or referred to in this document. Please refer to the legal notice to see copyright rules for the Member State responsible for this page.
Last update: 22/05/2019