If my claim is to be sent from this country to another EU country


Content provided by:

Which authority will help me send a claim to another EU country?

Commission for the Protection of Victims of Crimes (Comissão de Proteção às Vítimas de Crimes - CPVC).

What is the role of the assisting authority?

The ‘assisting authority’ in Portugal is the Commission for the Protection of Victims of Crimes (Comissão de Proteção às Vítimas de Crimes - CPVC), which has the following functions:

  • Helping to provide the information needed to complete the application/claim;
  • Forwarding the claims to the deciding authority of the Member State where the crime was committed;
  • Guiding the claimants if additional documents are required;
  • Organising a hearing if the deciding authority in the other EU Member State deems this necessary.

Will this authority translate the supporting documents, if translations are required for the purposes of the outgoing claim? If so, who pays for the translations?

The documents must be submitted in Portuguese and in English. If they need to be translated, the cost will be borne by the CPVC.

Are there administrative or other charges to be paid when the claim is sent abroad?


Last update: 07/04/2024

The national language version of this page is maintained by the respective Member State. The translations have been done by the European Commission service. Possible changes introduced in the original by the competent national authority may not be yet reflected in the translations. The European Commission accepts no responsibility or liability whatsoever with regard to any information or data contained or referred to in this document. Please refer to the legal notice to see copyright rules for the Member State responsible for this page.