If my claim is to be sent from this country to another EU country


Content provided by:

Which authority will help me send a claim to another EU country?

Ministry of Justice of the Republic of Slovenia
Župančičeva 3

Telephone: +386 1 369 53 38
Fax: +386 1 369 53 06

E-mail: gp.mp@gov.si
Website: https://www.gov.si/drzavni-organi/ministrstva/ministrstvo-za-pravosodje/

What is the role of the assisting authority?

The Ministry of Justice (as an assisting authority) is responsible for cooperation and exchanging information between the Committee (which decides on compensation), the police and the competent authorities of other countries, and helps to find appropriate solutions in cross-border cases (when a foreigner is a victim in the Republic of Slovenia or when a Slovenian national is a victim abroad).

The Ministry of Justice provides claimants with basic information about the possibilities and conditions for claiming compensation in other EU Member States and, for this purpose, also requests information from the authorities of other Member States. The Ministry of Justice is also competent to receive and forward claims in cross-border cases.

Will this authority translate the supporting documents, if the outgoing claim needs this? If so, who pays for this?

Yes, translation costs are covered by the Republic of Slovenia.

Are there administrative or other charges to be paid when the claim is sent abroad?

No. No fee is charged for claims, actions and decisions in compensation proceedings under the Crime Victim Compensation Act (Zakon o odškodnini žrtvam kaznivih dejanj – ZOZKD).

Last update: 13/09/2023

The national language version of this page is maintained by the respective Member State. The translations have been done by the European Commission service. Possible changes introduced in the original by the competent national authority may not be yet reflected in the translations. The European Commission accepts no responsibility or liability whatsoever with regard to any information or data contained or referred to in this document. Please refer to the legal notice to see copyright rules for the Member State responsible for this page.