If my claim is to be sent from this country to another EU country


Content provided by:

Which authority will help me send a claim to another EU country?

As assisting authorities, the Budapest and county government offices (local victim support services) will provide assistance.

What is the role of the assisting authority?

The assisting authority provides application forms and assistance in filling in the application forms and transmits the application forms.

Will this authority translate the supporting documents, if the outgoing claim needs this? If so, who pays for this?

Yes, and the costs are borne by the State.

Are there administrative or other charges to be paid when the claim is sent abroad?

No, transmission of the application is free of charge.

Last update: 07/02/2024

The national language version of this page is maintained by the respective Member State. The translations have been done by the European Commission service. Possible changes introduced in the original by the competent national authority may not be yet reflected in the translations. The European Commission accepts no responsibility or liability whatsoever with regard to any information or data contained or referred to in this document. Please refer to the legal notice to see copyright rules for the Member State responsible for this page.