How to find a mediator in Germany
Currently, a number of professional associations support parties who wish to use a mediator.
Please see below for a non-exhaustive list of some of the larger associations:
- Federal Association for Family Mediation (Bundes-Arbeitsgemeinschaft für Familien-Mediation e.V. (BAFM): Spichernstrasse 11, 10777 Berlin, Germany)
- Federal Association for Mediation (Bundesverband Mediation e.V. (BM): Wittestrasse 30 K, 13509 Berlin, Germany)
- Federal Association for Economic and Professional Mediation (Bundesverband Mediation in Wirtschaft und Arbeitswelt e.V. (BMWA): Prinzregentenstrasse 1, 86150 Augsburg, Germany)
- Centre for Mediation (Centrale für Mediation GmbH & Co.KG (CfM): Gustav-Heinemann-Ufer 58, 50968 Cologne, Germany)
- German Lawyers’ Association (Arbeitsgemeinschaft Mediation im Deutschen Anwaltverein, Littenstrasse 11, 10179 Berlin, Germany)
Moreover, there are also private commercial listings of mediators online, some with a search function, e.g.
(No guarantee that the linked websites are exhaustive, correct or completely up-to-date)
Is access to the mediators’ database free of charge?
How to search for a mediator in Germany
You can search for a mediator by name, by office location, by area of expertise or by postcode.
The national language version of this page is maintained by the respective Member State. The translations have been done by the European Commission service. Possible changes introduced in the original by the competent national authority may not be yet reflected in the translations. The European Commission accepts no responsibility or liability whatsoever with regard to any information or data contained or referred to in this document. Please refer to the legal notice to see copyright rules for the Member State responsible for this page.