The EJN has produced a wide range of citizens' and practitioners' guides, as well as some promotion material (posters and leaflets). In the guides available in all languages of the EU, you will find useful information on the application of certain Regulations, to better handle cross-border cases. They can be downloaded using the below links, and paper copies can be ordered on the EU Publications Office website.
Guides for practitioners
- Family matters
Maintenance obligations: Guidance on the use of the Annexes under Regulation (EC) No 4/2009 on jurisdiction, applicable law, recognition and enforcement of decisions and cooperation in matters relating to maintenance obligations
- European Procedures
European Payment Order: Practice Guide for the application of the Regulation on the European Order for Payment (2012)
Please note that the guide does not address the amendment that entered into force on 14 July 2017 which adds an option of continuation of the proceedings in a case of lodging a statement of opposition in accordance with the rules of Regulation (EC) 861/2007 establishing a European Small Claims Procedure for claims of a value up to 5000 euro.
For further information in this regard please consult the new text of Article 17 of the Regulation as well as Article 2 of Regulation (EC) 861/2007, as amended by Regulation (EU) 2015/2421.
Enforcement order in uncontested claims (European Enforcement order): Practice guide for the application of the Regulation on the European Enforcement Order (2009)
- Taking of Evidence abroad
- Cross-border labour law
- Data collection on cross-border cases in civil matters
Guides for citizens
- Succession law: A citizen’s guide: how EU rules simplify international inheritances (2018)
- A Guide for Users to the European Small Claims Procedure (2019)
- Debt recovery made easier in EU cross-border cases (European Account Preservation Order Regulation) (2017)
- Maintenance obligations: Guidance on the use of the Annexes under Regulation (EC) No 4/2009 on jurisdiction, applicable law, recognition and enforcement of decisions and cooperation in matters relating to maintenance obligations
Collection of EU legislation in the area of cross-border judicial cooperation
Key EJN documents
EJN poster (available for dissemination)
Archive: Older/outdated EJN publications
This page is maintained by the European Commission. The information on this page does not necessarily reflect the official position of the European Commission. The Commission accepts no responsibility or liability whatsoever with regard to any information or data contained or referred to in this document. Please refer to the legal notice with regard to copyright rules for European pages.