European Case Law Identifier (ECLI) - Finland
There is no official translation of the language version you are viewing.
You can access a machine translated version of this content here. Please note that it is only provided for contextual purposes. The owner of this page accepts no responsibility or liability whatsoever with regard to the quality of this machine translated text.
Finland is currently implementing the European Case Law Identifier in all case law databases of Finlex, the national legal data bank.
National ECLI coordinator
The national ECLI coordinator is Aki Hietanen, Ministry of Justice, Finland, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The country code for Finland is: [FI]
Generation of national ECLI
Finland is currently implementing the European Case Law Identifier in all case law databases in Finlex, the national legal data bank. The project was started with tests on the use of ECLI in the case law databases of the Finnish Supreme Court and Supreme Administrative Court. Currently also the databases of Courts of Appeal, Administrative Courts and Special Courts are using the ECLI identifier. In 2013, the metadata in the judgments will be enriched with ECLI metadata. The Finlex case law databases are already now using metadata of Dublin Core Metadata Initiative.
The ECLI identifier will also be used in the Finlex database “Case Law in Legal Literature”. The database includes references to case law in Finnish legal literature since 1926. The case law consists of judgments of e.g. the Finnish Supreme Court, Supreme Administrative Court, Courts of Appeal, the European Court of Human Rights and the EC Court of Justice.
The generation of national ECLI
Supreme Court: ECLI:FI:KKO:2011:43
Supreme Administrative Court: ECLI:FI:KHO:2011:85
- for case summaries (no full text) ECLI:FI:KHO:2010:T3764
Courts of Appeal:
- Helsinki Court of Appeal ECLI:FI:HELHO:2011:5
- Eastern Finland (Itä-Suomi) Court of Appeal ECLI:FI:I-SHO:2011:4
- Kouvola Court of Appeal ECLI:FI:KOUHO:2009:3
- Rovaniemi Court of Appeal ECLI:FI:RHO:2010:8
- Turku Court of Appeal ECLI:FI:THO:2011:2
- Vaasa Court of Appeal ECLI:FI:VHO:2011: 7
- Helsinki Administrative Court ECLI:FI:HELHAO:2011:11.0378.255
- Hämeenlinna Administrative Court ECLI:FI:HAMHAO:2011:11.0378.255
- Kouvola Administrative Court ECLI:FI:KOUHAO:2011:11.0379.25
- Kuopio Administrative Court ECLI:FI:KUOHAO:2011:11.0377.25
- Oulu Administrative Court ECLI:FI:OULHAO:2011:11.0375.25
- Rovaniemi Administrative Court ECLI:FI:ROVHAO:2011:11.0373.25
- Turku Administrative Court ECLI:FI:TURHAO:2011:11.0293.15
- Vaasa Administrative Court ECLI:FI:VAAHAO:2011:11.0371.25
- Åland Administrative Court ECLI:FI:AALHAO:2011:11.0372.25
Insurance Court ECLI:FI:VAKO:2010:757
Labour Court ECLI:FI:TTO:2011:108
Market Court ECLI:FI:MAO:2010:595
The national language version of this page is maintained by the respective Member State. The translations have been done by the European Commission service. Possible changes introduced in the original by the competent national authority may not be yet reflected in the translations. The European Commission accepts no responsibility or liability whatsoever with regard to any information or data contained or referred to in this document. Please refer to the legal notice to see copyright rules for the Member State responsible for this page.
Member States in charge of the management of national content pages are in the process of updating some of the content on this website in the light of the withdrawal of the United Kingdom from the European Union. If the site contains content that does not yet reflect the withdrawal of the United Kingdom, it is unintentional and will be addressed.
Last update: 05/11/2020